Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.
To stay focused means working with purpose making every action count. Successful leaders are focused. They know what they’re doing and why they’re doing it.
To stay focused, do the following:
– Have a purpose worth living for: Willis R. Whitney, the first director of General Electric’s research laboratory, observed, “Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can.”
– Know your strengths and weaknesses: Playing to your strengths rekindles your passions and renews your energy.
– Prioritize your responsibilities: Once you know the “why” of your life, it becomes much easier to figure out the “what” and “when.”
– Learn to say no: You can’t accomplish much without focus. If you try to do every good thing that comes your way, you won’t excel at what you were made to do.
– Commit yourself to long-term achievement: Most victories in life are achieved through small incremental wins sustained over time.